As the German war machine falls, two great nations rise to claim power. In the West, there is the United States, leader of the allied nations, and in the East lies the Soviet Union under communist rule. As both nations attempt to claim superiority, a new war is waiting around the corner; this time, the conflict will decide who will be the remaining superpower.
Play as the ruler of one of 175 countries through World Wars II and III. As the Allies and the Soviet Union clash in Europe, the fate of the world hangs in the balance.
Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday includes the original game and improvements requested from the previous title’s worldwide audience.
- World War III – Decide the remaining superpower to claim domination in world politics and warfare.
- Expanded tech trees with considerable detail in a new decade of warfare, allowing you to develop tactical nukes and other kinds of nuclear warfare as well as escort carriers and much more.
- Improved Diplomatic/Intelligence System reflects the increased political tension of the 1950s.
- Significantly improved AI.
- Tradeable Weapons – Equip your allies with the latest technological advances or get other nations to surrender their secrets to you.
- Complete scenario editor.