Supports 64-bit AMD K8 Athlon 64/Athlon 64 FX Processor (Socket 939)
Supports 64-bit AMD K8 Athlon 64 3500+ and higher CPU
Supports 64-bit AMD K8 Athlon 64 FX processor FX-53 and up
VIA® K8T800 Pro Chipset
- HyperTransport connection to AMD K8 Athlon 64/Athlon 64 FX processor
- 8 or 16 bit control/ address. data transfer both directions
- 1000/800/600/400/200MHz "Double Data Rate" operation both direction
- AGP v3.0 compliant with 8X transfer mode
VIA® VT8237 Chipset
- Ultra DMA 66/100/133 master mode EIDE controller
- Integrated dual channel native Serial ATA/RAID controller that will supply 150MB/s and support RAID 0, RAID 1
- ACPI & PC2001 compliant enhanced power management
- Supports 8 USB2.0 ports. (Rear x4/ Front x4)
Supports four 184-pin DDR SDRAMs up to 4GB memory size
Supports DDR400*/DDR333/DDR266 DDR SDRAM (*Refer to MSI recommended modules)
Note: PC3200 (DDR400)
Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.
Example: Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000 operates at 2.65V, 3-4-4-8, CL=3.
For more information about specification of high performance memory modules, please check with your Memory Manufactures for more details.
One AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 1.5V 4x/8x slot
Five PCI 2.2 32-bit Master PCI Bus slots. (support 3.3v / 5v PCI bus interface)
The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface (DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
An IDE controller on the VT8237 chipset provides IDE HDD/CD-ROM with PIO, Bus Master and Ultra DMA 66/100/133 operation modes. It can connect 4 Ultra ATA drives.
Serial ATA/150 controller integrated in VT8237
- Up to 150MB/s transfer speed
- Can connect up to 2 Serial ATA drives
- Support RAID 0, RAID 1
Promise 20579 Onboard
Supports ultra ATA, Serial ATA, Ultra ATA RAID 0 or 1, Serial ATA RAID 0 or 1, Ultra/ Serial ATA RAID 0+1
Connect up to 2 Serial ATA devices and 2 Ultra ATA 133 devices
VIA VT6306 IEEE 1394 controller
Provides onboard one 6-pins port and one 4-pins port
Transfer rate up to 400Mbps
8 Channel software audio codec Realtek ALC850
Compliance with AC97' v2.3 Spec
Meet PC2001 audio performance requirement
Provide onboard SPDIF out
Realtek 8110S Dual layout
Integrated Gigabit Ethernet MAC and PHY transceiver, auto-negotiation operation.
Supports single-port 10MB/s, 100MB/s, 1000MB/s Base-T application.
Compliance with PCIv2.2 and LAN on Motherboard (LOM) standard.
- 1 floppy port supports 2 FDDs with 360K, 720K, 1.2M, 1.44M and 2.88Mbytes
- 1 serial ports COM1
- 1 parallel port supports SPP/EPP/ECP mode
- 8 USB 2.0 ports (Rear x 4 / Front x 4)
- 5 audio ports in vertical (Left, Center, Right, Line-in, MIC)
- 1 SPDIF out
2 IEEE 1394 connectors
- 1 RJ-45 jack
- 1 IrDA connector for SIR/ASKIR/HPSIR
30.5 cm(L) x 24.5 cm(W) ATX Form Factor
9 mounting holes